Sunday, November 16, 2008

Trying to do it all?

So, in my atempt to save some cash, and do what is best for Emily I am atempting to make my own babyfood. I got up early on Saturday and hit the local produce markets, including Growers Direct, to buy the freshest produce I could. I returned home to a beautiful Emily watching Higgleytown Heros with Caleb Clements. When she went down for her morning nap, I went to work in the kitchen. I went crazy is more like it. I got out all my supplies and worked fast, first was spinach, steamed and pureed it, got it just right and poured it into the awaitng 4 oz jars. Next was a 5 pound bag of carrots to peel,cut,steam,and puree. Then the peas. Then the green beans, then finally the sweet potatoes. Then Miss Emily woke up. Finally I was done packaging, and labeling my work, I wonder how long this supply will last me?


in the garage freezer

1 comment:

Bonnie Lewis said...

Heather! I am soo stinking impressed with you right now! Way to go!!!